Re: [help-texinfo] Index entries for "@command" & Co.

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] Index entries for "@command" & Co.
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 14:55:43 -0700

    but to me texinfo.fn looked like it is generated by code in
    texinfo.tex

Certainly true.  I thought we were talking about Unicode sorting here,
not the indexed Texinfo commands lacking @.

Anyway, the problem in this case is not so much the implementation but
that there is no user-level way to specify a sort key.  I'm not happy at
the idea of making up a new command like @findexwithsortkey.  However, I
guess we could do a new command used within the indexing commands, as in
@findex @sortkey{command} @@command

(Patrice, wdyt?)

For now, it remains on the TODO list ...

Best,
Karl