Re: [help-texinfo] Function Index: Index is nonexistent

From: Lukas Reichlin
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] Function Index: Index is nonexistent
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 17:26:16 +0200

On 29.09.2012, at 23:56, Karl Berry <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Lukas,
>
> You need to run
>  texindex control.fn
> or more generally (if you have other indexes)
>  texindex control.??
> and then run tex again (possibly more than once),
> or use
>  texi2dvi control.tex
> or
>  texi2pdf control.tex
> (which call makeindex and tex for you)
>
> All this is discussed in some detail in the manual, etc.
>
> If you're already running texindex, please let me know all the details
> of how you're making the document.
>
> (BTW, I see you sent what looked like the same message from several
> addresses.  I approved them all for future sendings.  If there was some
> difference between them, let me know -- they all looked the same, but
> mailman doesn't make it easy to know for sure.)
>
> Hope this helps,
> Karl

Thanks for your help, Karl. I updated my script [1] accordingly and now it
works like a charm.
The messages where all the same, the post was not showing up in the archive and
there was no automatic reply about moderator approval. So I sent the post from
different e-mail accounts. Sorry for the confusion.

Best regards,
Lukas

[1]
http://sourceforge.net/p/octave/code/11181/tree/trunk/octave-forge/main/control/devel/generate_control_pdf.m