Re: [help-texinfo] Changing background color of the 'verbatim' environme

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] Changing background color of the 'verbatim' environment
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 19:20:21 +0100

() Patrice Dumas <address@hidden>
() Tue, 4 Dec 2012 22:30:51 +0100

   [section tree]

   [tweaks]

   [two-letter indices]

   >      I that that it would be even better to have
   >      an XML representation of the index entry text.
   >
   > Yes.  That info should lie in the node, i'd think.

   To be able to format a printindex rapidly, the index entries should
   be easy to access directly, so, in my opinion all should be in the
   file (duplicated) with the beginnning and end offsets just like
   nodes.

IXIN 1.3 is available: <http://www.gnuvola.org/software/ixin/>.  It has
section tree and two-letter indices (NB: non-duplicated), but not tweaks
(yet).  Plus some other stuff.  Here's the NEWS excerpt:

  - 1.3 | 2012-12-11

    - changes to the distribution

      - ChangeLog files included

        Previous omission was an oversight.

      - programs now in c/ (control), documents in d/ (data)

        Things were getting difficult to see on one dired screen.

    - mkixin renamed from a2ixin, handles only .sxml

        Handling both .xml and .sxml was a feature not central to the
        purpose of IXIN (the project).  Distractions be gone!

    - mkixin processes all files

        Instead of ‘for f in F1 F2... ; do ./mkixin $f ; done’,
        you can simply do ‘./mkixin F1 F2...’.

    - node data now almost-SXML (text)

        Node data is no longer written gzipped and base64-encoded.
        Now it is simply text (ATTRS ELEMENT...), plus trailing newline.

        To get a valid SXML element, ‘read’ it and cons ‘node’ to it.
        This what retrieve commands ‘show-node’ and (repl) ‘show’ do.
        In contrast, ‘dump’, ‘dump/abbrev’ and ‘dump-node’ do not.

        Relatedly, ‘dump/abbrev’ now takes N-BYTES instead of COLUMNS.

    - new top-level block: "two-letter" indices

        Zero or more of these may appear between INDEX and NODES.
        Correspondingly, the TLI in COUNTS now has additional
        byte-length and entry-count info.  See README.

    - new top-level block: section tree

        This is a single, recursively self-similar expression describing
        the "chapter structuring".  Correspondingly, COUNTS now includes
        the byte-length.  See README.

    - new doc: serveez.{xml,sxml,ixin}

        This is from GNU Serveez 0.2.0 (not yet released), which makes
        use of address@hidden txideftypefnnl’, in particular.  In serveez.ixin,
        this appears in the VARS section of META, somewhat weirdly,
        considering its semantics, but not entirely unexpected, given
        its syntax.  Sigh, bugward comp[au]tability issues...  :-/

    - new explorations re producing SXML w/o Guile

        See new header "producing SXML w/o Guile" in README.

    - META-divvying work-in-progress

        See new header "groupings" in README.

I wonder if there is a better term than "section tree".  Another, more
important, doubt is how to make sure that functions in the ‘cp’ index
(say) are formatted with address@hidden as opposed to address@hidden  That
information
doesn't seem to be captured anywhere.

--
Thien-Thi Nguyen ..................................... GPG key: 4C807502
.                  NB: ttn at glug dot org is not me                   .