[help-texinfo] info remembering cursor position

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [help-texinfo] info remembering cursor position
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 23:52:42 GMT

    Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 10:32:10 +0200
    From: "Arne Babenhauserheide (IMK)" <address@hidden>

    PS: Is it possible to teach info to remember the line of the cursor
    in a given node? That would make browsing back and forth much easier
    (click on a link in a menu to go into a subnode, hit u to get back,
    move to the next interesting menu entry).

If you use l instead of u, it remembers where you've been.
At least for me.  And that even seems somewhat logical.

Nevertheless, I can see how it would be nicer if it remembered the line
if you ended up back at the "l" node regardless of what command was used
to get there.  I've wished for that myself sometimes.

Sergey, wdyt?

Thanks,