Re: [help-texinfo] 15mm margin with @smallerbook

From: Shakthi Kannan
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] 15mm margin with @smallerbook
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 07:03:46 +0530

Karl,

--- On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 3:29 AM, Karl Berry <address@hidden> wrote:
| Anyway, attached is my source and PDFs (-special is with the cmd,
| -standard without).  Looks like the
| @internalpagesizes cmd is having the expected effect to me.  Maybe you
| are expecting something else ...
\--

Yes.

#1 I removed @internalpagesizes in pagesizes.tex and added
@smallerbook, and the output is the same as pagesizes-special.pdf.

I assumed the {-10.44mm} corresponded to a 15mm margin on all sides. I
tried giving {-5.4mm} for both hoffset and voffset, and I was able to
get a larger left and top margins.

#2 I overwrote /usr/share/texmf/tex/texinfo/texinfo.tex with the
latest one from http://ftpmirror.gnu.org/texinfo/texinfo.tex, ran
"texhash", and tried rebuilding pagesizes.tex with {-5.4mm} for both
hoffset and voffset, and got only increased left and top margins.

#3 I changed only textheight and textwidth parameters for
internalpagesizes, and was able to obtain a larger margin on all
sides.

Thanks for your patience and help. Appreciate it!

SK

--
Shakthi Kannan
http://www.shakthimaan.com