Re: [help-texinfo] Cannot make texinfo-5.2

From: Gavin Smith
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] Cannot make texinfo-5.2
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2015 16:42:44 +0100

n 5 April 2015 at 09:43, Hikari Shirakata
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to install texinfo-5.2 in Scientific Linux 6.
> It seems to be configured successfully, but I have an error at the next
> stage.
> /home/hoge/texinfo-5.2/info/infodoc.c:1153: undefined reference to
> `rpl_strstr'  .
>
> I have been googling on this error, but I couldn't get the solution.
> What should I do for this error?

Gnulib uses the "rpl_" prefix for replacement functions. From the
config.log file you attached, it looks like it found that strstr
needed to be replaced by the Gnulib version. Is that error message a
link error? Please post the full output of the command that gave this
error message as well as the exact command itself you ran.