Re: [help-texinfo] Search full content of all info nodes similar to 'man

From: Gavin Smith
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] Search full content of all info nodes similar to 'man -K '
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 12:00:31 +0100

On 31 July 2015 at 01:56, Michael Convey <address@hidden> wrote:
> This is very helpful and I'm using it frequently.

Full-text search for all Info files has been in the to-do list for a
long time. I have some idea how it could be implemented, for example
by going down a node's menu entries recursively, starting at (dir).
Whether I'm motivated to work on it depends on how useful it is likely
to be. I've never missed it myself.