Re: [help-texinfo] LilyPond - lowercase filenames (html)

From: Gavin Smith
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] LilyPond - lowercase filenames (html)
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2015 00:03:27 +0100

On 31 July 2015 at 12:16, Patrice Dumas <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 11:32:26AM +0100, Gavin Smith wrote:
>>
>> There is probably something you can do with an init file, maybe by
>> replacing/wrapping _convert_heading_command as the handler for @node.
>> >From looking at HTML.pm I didn't see any way to customize the
>> filenames when the output was being done. Maybe one of the "stage
>> handlers" could be used, like "init".
>>
>> Perhaps there could be a hook for customizing filenames for nodes that
>> init files could use.
>
> I think that there are already hooks for customizing file names and
> anchor names:
>
> node_target_name node_file_name sectioning_command_target_name
> element_file_name special_element_target_file_name

So basically Kevin, these are names of possible subroutines that could
exist within the Texinfo::Config namespace. To set these, I reckon you
would have a line:

package Texinfo::Config;

in your init file, which switches to that namespace. (Apologies if I'm
stating the obvious here, but it's stuff I've just been learning about
myself.) This causes any following "sub" definitions to be placed in
the Texinfo::Config namespace, so they can be found in HTML.pm.

There is some draft documentation of the API in the doc/draft_api.texi
file; most likely you would have to look at HTML.pm to see how these
hooks are being used.