[help-texinfo] Local table of contents within a node

From: Sebastian Wiesner
Subject: [help-texinfo] Local table of contents within a node
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2016 13:39:56 +0100

Hello,

I would like to generate a "local" table of contents inside a node.
This table of contents should sit at the beginning of the node and
list all sections and subsections within this node.  As an example,
consider the following node:

@node Foos and Bars
@appendix Foos and Bars

@c TOC HERE

@unnumberedsec foo
@anchor foo

@unnumberedsec bar
@anchor bar

When generating the manual, I'd like to have a table of contents
listing "foo" and "bar" at "TOC HERE".

Is that possible with Texinfo?  If not, what alternatives would
you suggest?  I'm aware that I could just split the node into sub-nodes
for "foo" and "bar" but I'd rather like to avoid that because the node
serves as reference listing that I'd really love to keep on a single
page (particularly because keeping it in a single page in HTML, when
using the in-page search).

My concrete problem is that the manual of my Emacs extension has a
list of programming languages the extension supports [1], together with
customisation options for each language.  As you can see, the page
definitely misses a brief list of languages at the very beginning:
Currently you have to read through the entire document (or use
isearch/in-page search) to find out whether your language is supported.

Greetings,
Sebastian Wiesner

[1]:
http://www.flycheck.org/manual/latest/Supported-languages.html#Supported-languages