Re: No table of contents in split HTML output

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: No table of contents in split HTML output
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2019 18:38:34 +0100

On Fri, Dec 27, 2019 at 09:49:41AM +0900, Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:
> Apologies.
>
> The behavior is only seen in the Elisp Reference.
>
> The split Emacs Manual has Contents that points at
> emacs.html/index.html#SEC_Contents
>
> and Index that points at
> emacs.html/Key-Index.html#Key-Index
>
> And both files exist.
>
> So, maybe there is a naming conflict in the Elisp generation process where
> index.html#SEC_Contents is later overwritten by index.html#Index and since
> the html file exists (even if not the node name), the browser just points at
> it without generating an error.

I don't really understand the issue.  What I can say is that I think that
SEC_Contents target is used even when there is no table of content.  It
is not supposed to match any node (and I think that it cannot, given
that _ is probably transformed in node tragets), but rather to point to
the table of content anchor.  The index target is supposed to point to
the first node with @printindex.  I have not checked an example, but
reading the code, I would assume that there is no target generated if
there is no @printindex.

--
Pat