internationalization and txi-ll.tex files

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: internationalization and txi-ll.tex files
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2020 18:00:36 +0900

I've added @documentlanguage fr_FR at the beginning of my file but footnotes
were still grouped under a "Footnotes" header in the html output.

The manual mentions txi-ll.tex files, so I looked for the French one and could
not find the string for the footnotes header, but it happens that the txi file
for English does not include it either...

Then it occured to me that I was checking my git checkout of the program and
not what was actually on my machine, which is the brew package for macos. I
checked there and there were no txi files whatsoever.

Then I looked for "Footnotes" in the source files and the only "code" instance
of the string was in HTML.pm, which could explain what I was seeing...

So, I have 3 questions:

1) is there a longer list of English terms that should be in txi-en.tex but for
some reason are not?
   → updating the txi file is trivial enough that I can do it,
     so if you have any pointers please go ahead.
   → when the en file is updated, I can provide an updated fr file

2) HTML.pm has a  _translate_names subroutine that seems to care about the
value of documentlanguage and that also seems to call a "Footnotes" string but
I'm not seeing from where it calls it and obvisouly it's not calling much since
the output is wrong.
   → if that's the case, I don't have a good enough level to fix that, but if
it is just a matter of providing the appropriate strings, I can do that.

3) in a standard texinfo distribution, where are the txi files supposed to be?
If there is a problem with the brew package that's something that should be
fixed.
   → not sure I can do that, but I can at least send a bug report

Thank you in advance.

Jean-Christophe Helary