Re: Failure in html output - Reference to nonexistent nodes

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: Failure in html output - Reference to nonexistent nodes
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2020 16:09:14 +0100

On Sat, Nov 14, 2020 at 03:13:27PM +0100, Christopher Dimech wrote:
> Some time ago I discussed the problem that calling a reference
> to a nonexistent node when generating .info files.
>
> When outputting html, reference to nonexistent node also gives a
> problem.
>
> @ref reference to nonexistent node `igc03--Sicl--CircAmRg'

That seems to be a good thing to me, this is an clearly an error.

> Problem is aggravated because the failure stops the
> generation of any files.
>
> When using texi2pdf, one gets in the output pdf document
>
> <undefined> [igc03–Sicl–CircAmRg], page <undefined>,
>
> This is much better than not generating any output.

My wild guess is that opinions are probably divided on that matter.

But there is a possibility with texi2any to generate input even in case
of errors, with the option --force.  The option --error-limit may also be
of use in that context.  There is also --no-warn that an be used to
silence the warnings.

--
Pat