Re: Commands used in texinfo.tex file

From: Vincent Breton
Subject: Re: Commands used in texinfo.tex file
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 21:07:28 +0100

Thank you very much for your feedback Gavin !

Yes, I know some of them are TeX primitives but with the information you
provide me that should help me to write faster a new version of my
document.

What got me into trouble is the \write17 command. I took care with
alphanumeric names of commands, not only for the \write command but also
because I think we can define alphanumeric TeX command with \catcode
sequences. I will try to remove the end of some strings as "4pt" for example

I know that texinfo commands start by @ but for the moment I just made a
simple reports for texinfo.tex file to help me both to analyze its code
and to continue to improve my skill with TeX and Texinfo sources.

Yes, I thought too to display the 10 most used commands and the 10 first
less used commands. I will add that in a new version of my document. I
had the reflex to have a look to the \def line command: 1194 definition
of commands for Texinfo ! This information can help to appreciate much
more all the work behind Texinfo. And no doubt Texinfo is more powerful
than we can imagine just after a first use.

I continue to study Texinfo. For the moment, I don't measure all the
scope of this task. I have a little bit idea of the time of that but I
prefer to not mention it for the moment. No doubt free software reveals
wealth.

Vincent Breton