hurd-devel

Re: hurd/debian

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: hurd/debian
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 00:24:38 +0200

On Sat, Jun 16, 2001 at 06:02:03PM -0400, Roland McGrath wrote:
> Can you try to check in your hurd/debian changes to cvs before you upload
> new debs?

Yes, I can do that.

> I find it confusing to try to figure out what the deb code looks
> like from reading the source, and it doesn't help when hurd/debian is out
> of date.

I think I got better in keeping it up to date, but I usually I waited until
the package really got installed.  It's not a big problem to back off though
in case a package was not installed eventually, so I will try to update it
when doing the upload.

> I find it deeply confusing that hurd_20010608.tar.gz contains a directory
> called hurd-20010527.

That was just an omission. You will also find a spurious libstore.pri/,
which sneaked in. To save time, I just patched the existing tree with CVS
changes rather than applying the Debian patches to a new copy of the tree.

BTW, dpkg-source -x will rename the directory for you.

> How come there is a tar.gz instead of a orig.tar.gz
> and diffs?  I have to download the whole thing and look at its CVS/ files
> to figure out precisely when it's from and then diff it with cvs to tease
> out your diffs.

Will use orig.tar.gz from now on.

Thanks,
Marcus