hurd-devel

Generated files in CVS

From: Jeff Bailey
Subject: Generated files in CVS
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 12:01:33 -0700

configure, aclocal, Makefile.in, missing, mkinstalldirs, install-sh,
config.sub, and config.guess have local copies included in our mig
repository.

Can we remove these?  It doesn't seem to make sense to keep generated
files around when you can just get them all with `automake -a;
autoreconf'.  It also means that as automake/autoconf/etc.. gets
updated, we'll get those changes automatically in our local trees.

It would also make 'cvs diff' a little more useful.

If we do this, I'd also like to see us put them in .cvsignore so that
they don't accidentally creep back in, or show up as unknown files
when doing cvs update.

Tks,
Jeff Bailey

--
learning from failures is nice in theory...
but in practice, it sucks :)