hurd-devel

Re: Generated files in CVS

From: Gord Eagle
Subject: Re: Generated files in CVS
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 15:29:59 -0600

Jeff Bailey <address@hidden> writes:

> configure, aclocal, Makefile.in, missing, mkinstalldirs, install-sh,
> config.sub, and config.guess have local copies included in our mig
> repository.

There's a reason to have them in CVS.  I've witnessed a lot of build
problems that come down to version skew between automake and
autoconf.

Having them in CVS means that people who check out a tree, no matter
how old, have a good chance of getting something that builds
correctly.

--
Gord Eagle <address@hidden> /\//\ I'm a FIG (http://fig.org/)
   Committed to diversity \//\/ I use GNU (http://fig.org/gnu/)