hurd-devel

Re: store_set_size

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: store_set_size
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 22:25:45 +0100

On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 04:03:47PM -0500, Roland McGrath wrote:
> What's that about?  I don't think a libstore interface change was discussed.

Okay, I just checked and the discussion happened in September, but on
help-hurd, rather than bug-hurd.  In one of those threads Thomas
participated (but on a legal rather than technical issue).  I took the
silence as agreement or I-don't-care.

Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden> was working on a tarfs and wanted
to set the store size to adjust with the size of the tar file when writing
it out (see thread "Gunzip and bunzip2 stores"), for which he forked the
store library.  As forking it for this small function was kinda silly I told
him he should submit a patch for libstore which he did five days later
(thread "store_set_size (patch)").  Since then, the patch was improved based
on my proof-reading, and he submitted the necessary legal papers.  The
assignment was completed recently, so I put the change in.

Now, if there is a problem with the patch, or if you think this doesn't
belong into libstore, we can certainly roll it back.  If its appearance on
help-hurd wasn't good enough, maybe we should work out some protocol we can
use to make sure a patch was seen by everyone of us (for example, we could
have them in Savannah first, and then you and me and everybody else who
cares would go over them and tick'em off, before they are applied).

Thanks,
Marcus

address@hidden
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de/