hurd-devel

Re: switching to SVN ?

From: Roland McGrath
Subject: Re: switching to SVN ?
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 12:19:55 -0700 (PDT)

My own experience with svn is that it is crappy enough in its own ways
(mostly slow), and not enough better than CVS in any way, that it is not
worth the bother to switch from CVS.  That said, I will bow to the majority
preference of those who do frequent commits.  Myself, I would not bother to
switch any project from CVS to something else without going to a
decentralized one.  I am no fan of git, though I do use it for linux.  The
decentralized thing I've found to be the least pain in the ass is Monotone,
but its use is not widespread.