info-gnu

Version 0.5 of GNU Moe released

From: Antonio Diaz Diaz
Subject: Version 0.5 of GNU Moe released
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 16:31:03 +0200

I am pleased to announce the release of GNU Moe 0.5.

This is a stable release. The version number is 0.5 only because I want to add a couple more features before jumping to 1.0.

GNU Moe is a powerful, 8-bit clean, text editor for ISO-8859 and ASCII character encodings. It has a modeless, user-friendly interface, online help, multiple windows, unlimited undo/redo capability, unlimited line length, global search/replace, block operations, automatic indentation, word wrapping, filename completion, directory browser, duplicate removal from prompt histories, delimiter matching, etc.

The homepage is at http://www.gnu.org/software/moe/moe.html.

The sources can be dowloaded from http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/moe/ or from
your favorite GNU mirror.

The md5sum is:
ec86c4595595411708419d24133b5b47  moe-0.5.tar.bz2

This release is also GPG signed. You can download the signature by
appending ".sig" to the URL.

Changes in version 0.5:

* Non-regular files are now ignored at startup, instead of give an error, so that "moe *" now edits all the regular files in the current directory.

* Buffer name is no more set when saving if file can't be created.

* Some small bugs have been fixed.

* A new chapter has been added to the manual.

Please send bug reports and suggestions to <address@hidden>.

Regards,
Antonio Diaz, GNU Moe author and maintainer.