info-gnu

New stable release: GNU Solfege 3.18.7

From: Tom Cato Amundsen
Subject: New stable release: GNU Solfege 3.18.7
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 23:39:58 +0200

==================
GNU Solfege 3.18.7
==================
Solfege is free music education software. Use it to train your rhythm,
interval, scale and chord skills. It is free software and runs on
GNU/Linux, MS Windows 2000 and newer, Max OS X with some effort,
and possibly other operating systems with the required tools. It should
run wherever you can run Python 2.5, Gtk+ 2.12, PyGtk 2.12.

Web: http://www.solfege.org
Download: http://sourceforge.net/projects/solfege/files/
Mirror: ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/solfege
Bug tracker: http://bugs.solfege.org

I've been so busy fixing bugs and working on the next devel branch the
last 3.5 weeks that I forgot to announce the last bug-fix releases to
the 3.18 branch. So here we go:

3.18.7 October 29, 2010

* Updated Dutch and Italian translations
* idbyname: fix it so that tests work when expert mode is selected.
* Upgrade debugtree.txt to the latest file format.
* lessonfile.py: set exercise_dir in a portable way. Fixes bug on ms windows.
* ExerciseView: Don't use gtk.SizeGroup when we display many exercises
since there are performance issues with it.

3.18.6 October 24, 2010

* win32: strftime did not accept unicode strings causing a traceback
when the statistics was shown.
* validate_stored_statistics: don't try to delete from the 'tests'
table, since it should be removed by now. Fixes
http://www.solfege.org/SITS-Incoming/NoDescription-YF
* Show dialog explaining things if the database is locked.
* frontpage: Escape backslash and apostrophe used in titles.
* Make elembuilder handle questions where the answer is only one
element. Fixed by Andre Maute.

3.18.5 October 18, 2010

* Use different api to get the screen width and height. This to avoid
segfault on debian lenny.
* Make the install target skip compiling the .py files if nopycompile=YES
* Change to use htmldoc for generating the PDF version of the user
manual. We still have encoding troubles for some languages, but doing
it manually with openoffice is too much work.
* Workaround for the bug where 'None' is stored as the key in
singinterval exercises. http://bugs.solfege.org/205
* Updates to the russian translation of the user manual

3.18.4 October 12, 2010

* Should work with swig 2.0 now. http://bugs.solfege.org/202
* Fix bug in the preferences window code that let us select accels for
the idtone exercises.
* Updated Danish, Russian, Vietnamese and Chinese translations

3.18.2 & 3.18.3 October 5, 2010

* Fix import error in the prefernces window. (http://bugs.solfege.org/201)
* Updated Italian and Vietnamese translations

--
Tom Cato Amundsen <address@hidden>                 http://www.solfege.org/
GNU Solfege - free ear training    http://www.gnu.org/software/solfege/