info-gnu

Emms 5.1 released

From: Yoni Rabkin
Subject: Emms 5.1 released
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2018 15:00:43 -0400

We are happy to announce the release of Emms 5.1.

Emms, the Emacs Multimedia System, is a robust media viewer, player, and
organizer for GNU/Emacs.

This is the third release in a row where we have added new developers
who have fixed bugs, contributed patches, re-implement old code, and
outright added excellent new features. I would like to thank them all
for their work.

The release tarball is available here:
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emms/emms-5.1.tar.gz

The signature is available here:
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emms/emms-5.1.tar.gz.sig

The project Website is:
https://www.gnu.org/software/emms/

The included Texinfo manual is kept up-to-date, and the online version
can be found here: https://www.gnu.org/software/emms/manual/

For more information about the project's development, please see:
https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/emms/

5.1 highlights
---------------
  - Add `emms-toggle-single-track'.
  - Fix the way emms-score skips tracks.
  - Safer key-binding for interactively killing the playlist buffer.
  - Bug fix: emms-show-all quit now behaves well.
  - Bug fix: Metalplaylist focus would error without a current buffer.
  - emms-playlist-sort sorts the visible playlist.
  - Rewrite emms-playlist-limit implementation. Now operates on the
    current buffer rather than the current playlist. Add
    emms-playlist-limit-to-description.
  - Rewrite mpv backend to use long-running mpv instances controlled
    over json-rpc protocol for newer versions.