info-gnu

GNU Binutuls 2.35.1 point release is now available

From: Nick Clifton
Subject: GNU Binutuls 2.35.1 point release is now available
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2020 12:25:25 +0100

Hi Everyone,

  We are pleased to announce that version 2.35.1 of the GNU Binutils
  project sources have been released and are now available for download at:

    https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/binutils
    https://sourceware.org/pub/binutils/releases/

  This is a point release over the previous 2.35 version, containing bug
  fixes, and as an exception to the usual rule, one new feature.  The
  new feature is the support for a new directive in the assembler:
  ".nop".  This directive creates a single no-op instruction in whatever
  encoding is correct for the target architecture.  Unlike the .space or
  .fill this is a real instruction, and it does affect the generation of
  DWARF line number tables, should they be enabled.

  Our thanks go out to all of the binutils contributors, past and
  present, for helping to make this release possible.

Cheers
  Nick Clifton
  Binutils Chief Maintainer