info-gnu

Texinfo 7.0.1 released

From: Gavin Smith
Subject: Texinfo 7.0.1 released
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 18:14:09 +0000

We have released version 7.0.1 of Texinfo, the GNU documentation format.

This package contains tools to produce documentation in various
formats, including HTML and PDF, from source files in the Texinfo
format.  Texinfo is a text-based format with commands for marking text,
document structuring and indexing.

  http://ftpmirror.gnu.org/texinfo/texinfo-7.0.1.tar.xz
  http://ftpmirror.gnu.org/texinfo/texinfo-7.0.1.tar.gz

If automatic redirection fails, the list of mirrors is at:
  https://www.gnu.org/prep/ftp.html

Failing that, you can use the main server:
  https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/texinfo/texinfo-7.0.1.tar.xz
  https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/texinfo/texinfo-7.0.1.tar.gz

This is a minor release containing minimal changes from the previous
release (7.0).

This is the first time we have issued such a release.  We have tried
to show restraint in including any changes in order to make breakages
less likely and to make it easier for people to review the changes.
We hope to enable quicker fixes for known, serious issues in official
releases.  We will also include any updated translations.

This release process corresponds to a new use of "git" branches
in the package development, where development continues on
the master branch, and only selected commits are added to the
release branch.  The git repository is to be found at Savannah
(https://savannah.gnu.org/git/?group=texinfo).

If there are further minor releases following on from the 7.0 release,
the version numbers will follow the pattern 7.0.X.  Any future major
releases will have version numbers of the form 7.X.

Please email any comments to bug-texinfo@gnu.org.

News:

* texi2any
  . avoid crashes on empty @image argument and other potential crashes
    (with "Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference" message)
  . avoid hang on @ref command inside section command

* info
  . fix recoding of UTF-8 files to ASCII when run in C locale

* js
  . index search fixed for new HTML output
  . some obsolete files removed from distribution

The Texinfo web page: https://www.gnu.org/software/texinfo/

Support free software ~ https://www.fsf.org/ ~ https://www.gnu.org/