Re: nnfolder to nnml

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: nnfolder to nnml
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 21:48:20 +0200

Xavier Maillard <zedek@gnu-rox.org> writes:

> Is there an  easy and simple way to convert my  old nnfolder archives to
> something more efficient such as nnml ?

The best I can think of is a kbd macro which does it for one group,
then apply the macro often.

The kbd macro could make some clever use of kill/yank to get the
group name.

Perhaps it makes sense to temporarily tweak gnus-group-line-format
and gnus-large-newsgroup for this.  The former could make it easier
to find the group name, the latter would make it predictable whether
C-u RET on a group asks you for the number of articles to fetch.

Kai