Invoking a web browser.

From: Mike Meyer
Subject: Invoking a web browser.
Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 13:11:44 -0500

I've got a shell script that grovels around in the environment and
then invokes the browser appropriately for that environment. It
just needs to be passed a URL as an argument.

I'd like to get GNUS to use that on URLs, and not Firefox. However,
fooling with the various browse-url* variables hasn't gotten me
anything that works - usually nothing happens, with no error messages.

Anyone got a description of how to set such a thing up? Or hints on
debugging the browse-url-* functions so I can get this working on my
own?

        Thanks,
        <mike
--