Re: How do I list all groups by default

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: How do I list all groups by default
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2005 10:33:51 +0200

On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 17:52:34 -0400, Angelina wrote:

> What I ended up doing for each item was G-c to enter the interactive
> customization mode. This took forever because I had about 20 to take
> care of. Now everything works but it is disappointing because if I need
> to make a small change or add something else, I have to repeat that
> process all over again in every group.

You could probably solve this by using topics: Put all your email
groups under a single topic and set the relevant topic parameter on
that topic.

(I don't know why setting gnus-permanently-visible-groups doesn't work
for you, though).

  Best regards,

--
 "This is either madness... or brilliance."                   Adam Sjøgren
 "It's remarkable how often those two traits coincide."  asjo@koldfront.dk