Re: Globally marking articles in summary as expirable or read?

From: David Z Maze
Subject: Re: Globally marking articles in summary as expirable or read?
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 16:38:26 -0400

Lance Hoffmeyer<lance-news@augustmail.com> writes:

> How can I, once I am in the summary buffer, globally or with a regex,
> mark articles as expirable (usually with "E") or read "d"?

Process-mark all of the articles ('M P b'), then apply the relevant
command to all of the articles ('M-& E' or 'M-& d').

> Along the same lines, I have noticed that once I have marked
> articles as expirable they are not actually removed.  I assume they
> will be removed in 31 days.  Can I set a condition in my .gnus file
> that only articles marked as "expirable" are removed immediately?

Perhaps changing nnmail-expiry-wait would help you.  My loose
observation has also been that articles seem to get expired that many
days after it's last touched, or maybe first read, not that many days
after its initial reception.  I tend to use total expiry on groups
corresponding to mailing lists and an extremely limited amount of
explicit expiry elsewhere.

  --dzm