Re: gnus config files

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: gnus config files
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 14:29:10 +0200

On 26 Jul 2005 22:36:17 +1000, Baloff wrote:

> I created this .newsrc which I put in it the groups I want to
> subscribe to, could some one tell me if I am doing wrong here.
> here is my file
> (setq gnus-default-subscribed-newsgroups '(sci.math gnu.emacs.help
> gnu.gcc.help gnu.emacs.gnus)

> when I
> M-x gnus
> doesn't suppose to open a frame and in it I find those groups and then
> I go to any of them, I just came from Mozilla mail/news reader and
> M$out-look and without your help I am lost.

No, you are not. You've got the fine manual. I recommend you check out
at least the first section "Starting Gnus":
 <http://www.gnus.org/manual/gnus_toc.html>

It is *much* easier for us to help you, if you try reading some of the
manual first.

(I subscribe to groups by going to the Server-buffer '^', entering the
server and subscribing to the groups I want to read 'u'.)

[...]

> this is my first post ever with emacs/gnus, how can I change the
> name/email address and personal info,

By reading the manual; here for instance:
 <http://www.gnus.org/manual/gnus_139.html#SEC139>

> I even don't know if I can get my emails with this thing, can some
> one tell me how.

Sure you can, here is how:
 <http://www.gnus.org/manual/gnus_158.html#SEC158>

  Best regards,

--
 "Lawrence of Suburbia                                        Adam Sjøgren
  Real life is murder"                                   asjo@koldfront.dk