Re: Message followup

From: Malte Spiess
Subject: Re: Message followup
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 12:05:26 +0200

Barbara Koenig <barbarak@gmx.net> writes:

> I have the following question concerning message followups in gnus:
> until now when I did a followup to a mail in gnus (i.e., reply to
> everybody in the from and cc) my own e-mail address was not among the
> recipients. For me this was as it should be, since I create my own
> copy with Gcc.

> Now I changed my e-mail address and put my new address into all the
> relevant variables, especially I set "user-mail-address" in
> .xemacs/init.el. My old address is not mentioned anymore anywhere (as
> far as I can tell, I checked .gnus.el, .xemacs/init.el).
>
> However when I reply to mails sent to my new address, the address is
> always included in the list of recipients. But when I reply to mails
> sent to my old address, the address is not included (as it was
> originally).

I can't tell you that unless you tell us what function you use to reply.
There are various that can be used, probably you only need to find the
one that does what you want.

On my (standard) Gnus in Debian, the keys bound to those "reply"-functions
are r, R, f, F, ..., also found in the menu.

> Thanks for any hint,
>
> Barbara

Greetings

Malte