Re: Message followup

From: Barbara Koenig
Subject: Re: Message followup
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 16:36:42 +0200

>> And - as I said - both remove my old address and keep my new (in the
>> CC header). And I have no idea what governs this behaviour.
>
> ,----[ (info "(message)Wide Reply") ]
> |    Addresses that match the `message-dont-reply-to-names' regular
> | expression will be removed from the `Cc' header.
> `----

Thanks for the suggestions. All this sounds quite plausible, but
user-mail-address is correctly set to my new address and
message-dont-reply-to-names is set to nil.

There must be some other power at work here. I even tried to start
with a vanilla xemacs (with only absolutely minimal gnus settings) and
I observed the same behaviour (old address deleted, new address kept),
although user-mail-address was not even set. I have no idea where gnus
takes this information from.

I now solved my problem by setting message-dont-reply-to-names to my
new address and now everything works as it should. I am still puzzled
but decided not to waste any more time on this (not that important)
problem.

Thanks again,

Barbara