Re: very quick question about open buffers after sending replies...

From: Martin Jørgensen
Subject: Re: very quick question about open buffers after sending replies...
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 10:16:43 +0200

bojohan+news@dd.chalmers.se (Johan Bockgård) writes:

> hotmail_spam@hotmail.com (Martin Jørgensen) writes:
>
>> Then I write my comments and then I press C-c C-c and the post is
>> send. But the buffer isn't closed. [...]
>
>> So is it supposed to work that way?
>
> Yes.
>
>> I don't like having manually to kill those buffers, so is there a
>> better method?
>
> (info "(message)Message Buffers")

Sorry, I looked the wrong place before.

I guess you're referring to:

`message-generate-new-buffers'
     If non-`nil', generate new buffers.  The default is `t'.  If this
     is a function, call that function with three parameters: The type,
     the to address and the group name.  (Any of these may be `nil'.)
     The function should return the new buffer name.

So I inserted this in my .gnus:

(setq message-generate-new-buffers `nil) ;; kill buffer after replying to post

I don't think it's correct, is it? My quick test showed that nothing
happened...

Best regards
Martin Jørgensen

Home of Martin Jørgensen - http://www.martinjoergensen.dk