Re: indicate email has attachment in summary buffer

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: indicate email has attachment in summary buffer
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2006 17:47:16 +0200

On Fri, Aug 04 2006, Leon wrote:

> Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc> writes:
>> On Thu, Aug 03 2006, Leon wrote:
>>> Actually I just met one such email. Gnus didn't show any attachment in
>>> article buffer, but thunderbird did.
>>
>> What is the value of the Content-Type header of this mail?  E.g. if
>> someone sends[1] a PDF or an image without any accompanying text, you
>> might get application/pdf or image/jpeg.

Then Gnus should show the indicator.  See my other reply WRT overview
vs. mail header: <v9wt9nb3ia.fsf@marauder.physik.uni-ulm.de">news:v9wt9nb3ia.fsf@marauder.physik.uni-ulm.de>.

> I have also tried to send an email with only a pdf file. Thunderbird
> failed to show the 'paperclip' icon before reading the email. After I
> open the email, the icon is back.

Is it still available the next time (after restarting Thunderbird)
_before_ you open the mail?

>>> Is there any standard way of testing if an email has attachment?
>>
>> First you need to define the term "attachment" properly.
>>
> A lot of other email clients will show a `paperclip' icon for emails
> that have `attachment'. I'm looking for a similar behavior in gnus.

Yes, but I don't have the time to investigate what these other email
client do and how they define "attachment".

>> Footnotes:
>> [1]  E.g.: mutt -s "this is the image" -a foo.jpg < /dev/null

mutt -s "this is the image" -a foo.jpg someone@invalid.invalid < /dev/null

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,