authinfo

From: Michael
Subject: authinfo
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2007 17:40:41 +0100

What is the procedure for using authinfo with a primary select method?

I have set the variables nntp-authinfo-user and passsword created a
~/.authinfo file. But the server keeps closing the connection and I am
wondering if it could be an authentication problem somewhere. Gnus
appears to send the information sometomes, other times the server
keeps asking for it and gnus keeps ingnoring it.

From: Michael <usenet@greenhow.me.uk>