IO error when running gnus-summary-move-article ('B m')

From: cranreuch
Subject: IO error when running gnus-summary-move-article ('B m')
Date: 16 Apr 2007 13:43:45 -0700

I'm running Gnus (gnus-version says 'No Gnus v0.6') across an ssh
tunnel, to an imap server. I'm using nnimap.
In the summary buffer, I can use 'B m' to move articles from my main
mailbox "INBOX", to a sub-mailbox, "INBOX.2007 ". However, when I try
to move in the other direction I get the following error:

IO error reading /home/cranreuch/News/agent/nnimap/localhost/INBOX/
2007: Is a directory

Googling around "IO error reading", "gnus-summary-move-article", and
"gnus" finds nothing meaningful (to me).
Can anyone help?

thanks.