Re: Opening an article (not a URL) in Firefox

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: Opening an article (not a URL) in Firefox
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 11:13:30 +0200

On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 23:43:05 GMT, Levander wrote:

> Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc> writes:
>> This is a new feature (2006-02-10) in the development version.  It's
>> not present in 5.10.8/5.11.

> 2006-02-10 is a date?

Yes: Year-Month-Day. It is the ISO standardized order (and as a bonus it
is easy to sort on, and unambiguous).

> Does that mean there's a development version of Gnus that is almost a
> year and a half old and hasn't been released yet? It just sounds like
> a long development cycle.

You are using Emacs, where the latest release cycle was 6 years, so 1.5
years surely is a short amount of time to you? ;-)

The conservative users (or the users that do not need/care about newer
features) usually run the non-developement version, while the rest of us
take the chance and run the developement version (currently called "No
Gnus") - knowing that bad things may happen(tm). My experience is that
it very seldom breaks.

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "You know, if the sun was an oboe, what would you do?"       Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk