Re: Store mails in diferent mbox

From: someusernamehere
Subject: Re: Store mails in diferent mbox
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 11:05:50 -0700

On 31 jul, 12:32, Damien Wyart <damien.wy...@free.fr> wrote:
> > I store currently my mail in mbox, but all my mail is stored in the
> > same mbox file, but I want to separate this, for example I'm subscried
> > to some mailings lists, I want to store in other mbox file, how I can
> > check this?
>
> Either you rely on an external tool (IMHO maldrop is better than
> procmail even if it is less well-known) or you use what is called "mail
> splitting" in Gnus itself. This is well detailed in the manual. As every
> one has very personal settings in this area, I think it is better to
> experiment your own setting (starting simple) than pasting some existing
> code.http://gnus.org/manual/gnus_161.htmlhttp://gnus.org/manual/gnus_168.html

Hey Damien, thanks for you reply, I have read yesterday these
links :), what I dont understand
and have no read, is if "mail splitting", for example:

(setq nnmail-split-methods
  '(("mail.junk" "^From:.*Lars Ingebrigtsen")
    ("mail.other" "")))

store the mail in a mbox file called mail.junk and mail.other?, or is
not mbox files?,
this is the question

thanks