Re: multiple Gmail accounts + nnimap + ~/.authinfo

From: Suno Ano
Subject: Re: multiple Gmail accounts + nnimap + ~/.authinfo
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 20:30:44 +0200

 >| On Wed, 09 Apr 2008 12:31:30 -0500,
 >| Ted Zlatanov
 >| from the organization of Теодор Златанов @ Cienfuegos
 >| who can be reached at: tzz@lifelogs.com
 >| (whose comments are cited below with " Ted> "),
 >| had this to say in article <86hceb6ikt.fsf@lifelogs.com>
 >| in newsgroups gmane.emacs.gnus.user
 >| concerning the subject of Re: multiple Gmail accounts + nnimap + ~/.authinfo
 >| (see <mailman.10199.1207755910.18990.info-gnus-english@gnu.org> for more
 >details)

 Ted> ...Assuming your method is called "gmail1"?
well, it's called "<gmail_1>@gmail.com" but then that should not make a
difference to calling it just "gmail1" -  yes?

 Ted> We could also make 'machine' a more complex field, but I don't
 Ted> like that approach.
Why is it you do not like it?

 Ted> Any opinions?
Well, before I used nnimap I used nnml as back end. With this back end
and the following snippet it worked like charm. Maybe we could try it
this way for nnimap too? What do others think about it?

(add-to-list 'mail-sources `(imap :server    ,priv-imap-gmail-mail-server
                                  :user      ,priv-gmail1-mail-user
                                  :password  ,priv-imap-gmail1-password
                                  :port 993
                                  :stream ssl