Re: Migrate from Maildir/IMAP/Exchange to NNML

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Migrate from Maildir/IMAP/Exchange to NNML
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 10:26:09 -0500

On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 14:23:18 -0700 (PDT) brettrandall <brett.randall@gmail.com>
wrote:

b> On Apr 22, 1:35 am, Ted Zlatanov <t...@lifelogs.com> wrote:
>> Gnus has a native Maildir backend (nnmaildir) which is very good.  Would
>> that work for you?  It will work fine with your existing setup without
>> migration work.

b> Do you know what it will do with the "subfolders" in the format they
b> are in at the moment? (Maildir/.TopLevelFolder,
b> Maildir/.TopLevelFolder.2ndLevelFolder), etc? I have a look in the
b> Gnus manual and it doesn't seem to mention how it would deal with that
b> - whether it would even show them, and if so, how they would show up.
b> I guess I could just give it a go and see what happens :)

The Maildir root is your server's root level (like INBOX on most IMAP
servers, for example).

Every directory under it is just another group you can subscribe to.
The '.' in the name doesn't matter to Gnus, it doesn't care and will
just show you the directory name as the group name.  You can hit `^'
from the group buffer to see the server list, then ENTER on the maildir
server to see the groups it contains.

Ted