Re: Migrate from Maildir/IMAP/Exchange to NNML

From: Nicolas KOWALSKI
Subject: Re: Migrate from Maildir/IMAP/Exchange to NNML
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 09:52:42 +0200

brettrandall <brett.randall@gmail.com> writes:

> I've figured this one out. I was running the version that came with
> Debian Etch's uw-mailutils, which apparently 6 years old. I downloaded
> the latest UW-IMAP from the official server and mailutil worked great,
> first time.

Glad this helped you.

I also read the thread on the imap-uw mailing-list. Do not forget (as
I did) what Mark wrote you about the CR-LF line termination of the
data files of the 'mx' format.

I converted (and kept dates of) the 'mx' files stored in my
~/Mail/mail/ directory with the following shell script. It takes a
long time, but it works well.

find . -type f -name '[0-9]*' |\
while read f ; do
      tr -d '\r' < $f > $f.new