Mail showing up as already read

From: Michael Ekstrand
Subject: Mail showing up as already read
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 11:32:45 -0500

I'm having some strange issues with Gnus reading mail via POP3 and nnml.

Frequently, mails coming to my generic/unfiled mailbox ("mail.unfiled")
are marked as read as soon as they're received.

I have my Emacs set up so that I switch back and forth between different
"profiles", which contain different Gnus initialization files pointing
to different NNML installations (one for personal use and one for
school); I don't know if somehow NNML's internal read/unread state from
one profile is polluting the other (the profiles have different startup
files, NNML is using marks, etc.).

Any ideas what to look for to resolve this issue?

Thanks,
- Michael

--
mouse, n: A device for pointing at the xterm in which you want to type.
Confused by the strange files?  I cryptographically sign my messages.