Re: Option for sendmail.el WAS: FAQ 5.2 still correct? [solved]

From: Memnon Anon
Subject: Re: Option for sendmail.el WAS: FAQ 5.2 still correct? [solved]
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 19:06:07 -0700 (PDT)

On 10 Jul., 16:53, Ted Zlatanov <t...@lifelogs.com> wrote:

> You can set your user-mail-address and the FQDN for the message ID will
> be automatically deduced from it (by message-make-fqdn, which calls
> message-user-mail-address).  Is that sufficient or do you need do set
> the domain of the message ID separately from your user-mail-address?

I just checked. I added those 3 lines again and sent a mail to my
other mail
account. Result:

This is no vaild id. My machine is named home.
And even if there would be Message-Id:
<83d4ljuakt.fsf@googlemail.com>,
this would still not be vaild, because my machine has no
right to create a message Id like this.
This might result in duplicate M-ID, which is usually no problem.

But using Mailing lists, there is a tiny little chance this might be a
problem.

So this approach is just not clean, AFAIK.
No, the smtp-server creates my M-ID and I am pretty sure that google
knows
how to avoid duplicate ones ;).