rss, links and external browser

From: Memnon Anon
Subject: rss, links and external browser
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 08:26:13 -0700 (PDT)

Hi!

I am using gnus to read some rss feeds.
Sometimes, I want to follow links.

my .emacs has this:

;; Found this config here:
;; http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/JorgenSchaefersEmacsConfig
(defun fc-choose-browser (url &rest args)
  (interactive "sURL: ")
  (if (y-or-n-p "Use external browser? ")
      (browse-url-generic url)
    (w3m-browse-url url)))

(setq browse-url-browser-function 'fc-choose-browser)
(global-set-key "\C-xm" 'browse-url-at-point)

Whenever there is a link like: http://www.google.de,
it works as expected. I am asked whether I want
to use my internal or external browser.

But if there is a "rendered" link like: Go _here_ to read
on, I always end up in w3m and have to press M to
read in my external browser.
C-x m works, mouse and enter on the link do not.

So, which function is called using enter/mouse on a link and
how can I change this to the way I am used to?

TIA

Memnon