Re: rss, links and external browser

From: Memnon Anon
Subject: Re: rss, links and external browser
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 03:27:44 -0700 (PDT)

Hi!
On Aug 6, 3:03 am, Katsumi Yamaoka <yama...@jpl.org> wrote:
> > my .emacs has this:
> > ;; Found this config here:
> > ;;http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/JorgenSchaefersEmacsConfig
> > (defun fc-choose-browser (url &rest args)
> >   (interactive "sURL: ")
> >   (if (y-or-n-p "Use external browser? ")
> >       (browse-url-generic url)
> >     (w3m-browse-url url)))
> > (setq browse-url-browser-function 'fc-choose-browser)
> > (global-set-key "\C-xm" 'browse-url-at-point)

> (setq w3m-goto-article-function 'browse-url)

Okay, this works nearly as I want it.
I used this (setq w3m-goto-article-function 'fc-choose-browser).
Gnus/Emacs asks: external y/n.
But if I choose y, conkeror is started *and*  the buffer starts w3m
for the url.
Is there a way to prohibit w3m and start only the external browser?

Another question: Where did you find this information?
I am still quite new to emacs. I searched the info files, but there
is
such a wealth of information, I still feel quite lost.
Customizability (is this a word ? ;) is as much a gift as a curse ;)

TIA
Memnon