Re: IMAP disconnecting

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: IMAP disconnecting
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 15:47:25 +0200

Gour <gour@mail.inet.hr> writes:

Hi!

> Tassilo> Maybe a problem with TLS?  I don't see a reason to use
> Tassilo> encrypted connections to a local server, so try without that?
>
> Hmm...I use encrypted connections to be able to sync from my laptop
> with offlineimap - that's why I use imap & imaps on the dovecot.

Yeah, I use the same setup, but TLS only for synching with offlineimap.

> How would I force Gnus to connect via imap locally?

Set up your select methods like this.

(add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods
             '(nnimap "Uni"
                      (nnimap-address "localhost")
                      (nnimap-stream network)
                      (nnimap-authenticator login)))

See (info "(gnus)IMAP") for the description.

Bye,
Tassilo
--
Richard Stallman gets 9 bits to the byte.