rendering html mails

From: francois . lagarde
Subject: rendering html mails
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 06:26:08 -0700 (PDT)

hello,

I am facing troubles to display some html mails. I use lynx to render
them. When mails use the utf8 charset some letters are not properly
displayed.

My environment (locales and so on) is UTF-8. When I save the part and
use
the console to invoke manually lynx everything is fine.

The same command within gnus gives me some sequences like
"d\303\242emploi" instead of "d'emploi"

Seems go better when I pipe the result to recode
"lynx -stdin -dump $* | recode UTF-8..latin-1"
and the result is
"d\342emploi" instead of "d'emploi"

my gnus version is "No Gnus v0.11" and emacs is GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1
(i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.9)

Any hints and advice would be appreciated