Re: Emacs Bundling and Gnus Compatibility

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Emacs Bundling and Gnus Compatibility
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 09:46:27 +0200

Volkan YAZICI <volkan.yazici@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Volkan,

> I've just upgraded my emacs to 22.3 and "C-h v gnus-version" tells me
> that it uses "Gnus v5.11". It doesn't take so long to learn that
> neither "/ b", nor "/ R" works anymore despite both documented[1] in
> the gnus manual.

I use Emacs 23 and the bundled Gnus (v5.13), but there / b and / R are
available.  What do `C-h k / b' and `C-h k / R' in *Summary* say?

> How does emacs bundle gnus that it contradicts with the official gnus
> documentation.  Which documentation should I look at for gnus bundled
> with emacs?

The right documentation is always the one you get with `C-h i m Gnus
RET'.

Bye,
Tassilo
--
We live in an expanding universe. All of it is trying to get away from Chuck
Norris.