Re: nnmaildir don't get new email with gnus-group-get-new-news

From: Teemu Likonen
Subject: Re: nnmaildir don't get new email with gnus-group-get-new-news
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 17:53:43 GMT

Pedro Kröger (2008-11-04 08:28 -0800) wrote:

> I use offlineimap to get my email from a gmail account. It downloads
> it to ~/Maildir (for instance, the directory ~/Maildir/inbox is a
> proper maildir directory).

I have very setting: I use "fetchmail" to fetch mail from three
different accounts and then "procmail" automatically divides the mail to
different Maildir directories under ~/Maildir. The last rule in my
~/.procmailrc happens to be

    :0
    inbox/

So all my mails get delivered somewhere under ~/Maildir.

> I have the following setup in my .gnus: (no
> mail-sources)
>
> (setq gnus-select-method '(nnnil))
>
> (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
>       '((nnmaildir ""
>          (directory "~/Maildir")
>          (directory-files nnheader-directory-files-safe)
>          (expire-age never)
>          (get-new-mail t))))

I don't know why but for some reason I need to have "nnml" method too
even though I don't actually use it. With that the mail system works. I
use customize system for configuration but basically my
gnus-secondary-select-methods is just this:

    '((nnml "")
      (nnmaildir ""
                 (directory "~/Maildir")))

> Am I missing something?

I don't know but I think it's quite easy to miss many things with Gnus
configuration. :-)