Re: Face and X-Face display in terminal emacs frames

From: Katsumi Yamaoka
Subject: Re: Face and X-Face display in terminal emacs frames
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 07:19:55 +0900

> Hi,

> when I use gnus in an emacs frame running in a terminal emulator Face
> and X-Face images are displayed via imagemagick's `display' program.
> This is quite annoying, cause its window steals the input focus from the
> emacs frame/terminal.

> I'd prefer if no images were shown in that case.  How do I get that?

I have

(setq gnus-article-x-face-command 'gnus-display-x-face-in-from)

in ~/.gnus.el.  That's the default for the case where Emacs runs
in the window system and does nothing in a terminal emulator.  I
don't know what happens if a Gnus frame is launched by emacsclient
in a terminal or as an X window, though.