Re: Gnus and Gmail

From: Richard Riley
Subject: Re: Gnus and Gmail
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 11:48:18 +0100

"parmenides" <mobile.parmenides@gmail.com> writes:

> I just resolved the configuration problem this morning. Actually, you can
> google many articles concerning how to configure IMAP of gmail. In my
> opinion, it 's very critical that there is an installation of 'openssl', a
> program designed to do ssl connection between client and server, in you
> system.
>
> I am using Emacs-22.3-win and openssl of cygwin.
>
> Good luck.

This gmail interfacing never seems to run smoothly - it might be nice if
you can (or maybe you have already) update the emacs wiki with your
config. It, or rather that issue, does seem to rear its ugly head an
awful lot. I have vague memories of starttls on a debian being an issue
but really cant remember how I got it working. That combined with my
dynamic IP being blacklisted! I don't use gmail directly from gnus
anymore and prefer to run my own imap server which is fed by getmail.

--
 important and urgent problems of the technology of today are no longer the
satisfactions of the primary needs or of archetypal wishes, but the reparation