Keeping Gnus in sync across two machines

From: Paul Mead
Subject: Keeping Gnus in sync across two machines
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 08:59:31 +0000

Hi, hope someone can help.

I've been getting into using gnus and have it all set up for Gmail using
IMAP, NNTP for usenet and nnrss for my daily diet of feeds. The problem
is that I have to run it on two machines - my work laptop when at work,
and my personal one for at home. I obviously don't have the personal one
with me when I'm at the office, and the work one has a firewall which
locks down application internet access when outside the office network.

As a result, I keep having to manually catch up all the articles that
I've already read on each machine.

So, I was looking at using Unison and my usb stick to sync changes
between them, but need to know which files to copy. I was going to start
with all the .newsrc* and Mail/ and News/ but came across some
permission problems.

Can anyone confirm which files I need to copy to just do the above?

Thanks, Paul